Thursday, January 30, 2014

We Were Made to Crave

How many of you made a New Year's resolution to be healthier? Now, how many of you are still sticking to it? I am happy to say that I am!

I have started cutting out most of my sugars and trying to eat much healthier. Since it is SO cold out I decided to bust out my Just Dance Wii games for exercise. Let me tell you, it is quite the workout, but fun too! 


When I decided to start exercising again and eating healthier I was mainly doing it for me. So I would feel better and have more energy, so I would feel better about myself, so I felt more attractive to my husband. I started reading a daily devotional on my Bible app on my phone. It is called, Made to Crave. (It's online too)

It has been so great to get up each day and read it first thing. It really encourages me to exercise in the morning and continue making good food choices the rest of the day. One thing that really stuck out to me was something the devotional said on the first day: 

"The process of getting healthy has to be about more than just losing weight and focusing on ourselves...."

After reading several more of the devotionals in that series I realized she was right. God took great time and care when He created me. (Psalm 139:14) I shouldn't want to be healthier just for me, I should do it because I am taking care of something He made. A great tip in the devotional said when I do crave something unhealthy to use it as a prompt to pray instead of giving in. (Philippians 4:13) I love that! I keep a list of healthy snacks right on my fridge too! 



If you decide to take the healthier lifestyle journey, think about taking it with God by your side, looking to Him to give you the strength and self control you need. Do it because He created you, He loves you and we were made not to crave food, but an eternal relationship with Him. 

To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God. - Revelation 2:7 

No comments:

Post a Comment