Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Renewed Heart

John 11: 4~ “This illness does not lead to death. It is for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified through it.”

As many of you know, I have been dealing with a chronic sinus infection since May 2012..yes, I have had the same infection for almost a year! Back in November I had sinus surgery and still haven't been able to tell much of a difference. They went back in a couple weeks ago to clean out some scar tissue that was built up from the last surgery. I had a post op appointment today and although he said it's finally getting better, there is still more swelling then there should be and I still have a small infection on the right side. 

Why am I telling you all this? Because it's really hard not to get discouraged through all of this. I don't feel good most days and am always tired. My sister, who was diagnosed with Celiac Disease a year ago shared the verse above with me when she was sick all of the time. It really made me think..do I have it that bad? Not really. I'm still able to go to work everyday, get things done around the house and have fun with my family and friends. Don't get me wrong, feeling like poo all the time makes doing these things a lot harder, but there are people out there who have it much worse than I do

Although it's hard to understand why God hasn't completely healed me yet, I know somehow this will all be used for His glory! So, for now, I'm working on being more thankful, not complaining so much and patiently waiting for God's timing and healing...

2 Corinthians 4:16~ So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment