Friday, August 10, 2012

Pizzeria Date Night!

Since Derrick had his surgery a week ago, he hasn't really been able to do much or go anywhere. So, I decided I wanted to give him a special date in at home!


I set up the table before I left for work this morning, so that when he got up he would be surprised to see it. I had the table set, crayons and paper to draw while we waited for the pizza to cook, roses from our garden and even rolled up the silverware in a napkin.


I made the invitation to look like a Grand Opening of a Pizzeria!

 The pizza we made was a homemade pizza!! (See recipe below) We also had some Italian music playing in the background to set the mood.

 While we waited for the pizza to took, we drew pictures for each other.

 I drew Derrick a picture of us holding a heart shaped pizza.

He drew me a picture of our house and us & our dog out in the garden.

 Finally it was time to eat the delicious pizza!! It seriously was one of the best pizzas I have eaten! Derrick agreed!


The best part of the whole evening was when Derrick said - "You make date nights so fun!"  I love him! :)


Here is the recipe I used to make the dough: Easiest Pizza Dough in the World

For the sauce we just used a can of tomato sauce and stirred in pizza seasoning. We then topped the pizza with mozzarella cheese and pepperonis. Follow the dough recipe for baking instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment