Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Two Pinterst Ideas that WORK!

I don't know about you, but I LOVE Pinterest. There are so many neat and creative ideas on there and if you don't know how to make/do something, you can usually find it there! Here are two ideas that I saw on Pinterest, tried them out, and they worked great!

The first thing I saw was this great idea to keep lettuce fresh! I tried it and after a week in the fridge, my lettuce was still fresh and crisp! Placing a paper towel in the bowl or bag your lettuce is in, will absorb the moisture your lettuce otherwise would have, keeping it from browning or wilting. 




The second idea was homemade goo gone. I had a plastic shoe box with a bunch of sticky gunk on it that didn't come off when the sticker was pulled off. So, to Pinterest I went to find a homemade goo gone recipe since we were all out. Super easy, it worked great and I already had the ingredients at home!

1 tsp. vegetable oil
2 tsp. baking soda
 *Mix together to make a paste. Dip a paper towel in the paste and use to rub off the sticky stuff.






 Have you tried any successful Pinterest ideas?!


2 comments:

  1. the homemade goo gone...just use peanut butter! Put it on with a paper towel & let it sit for about 5 min & then wash...works just the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Courtney! Haven't heard of that, but will definitely try it out!

      Delete