Saturday, June 28, 2014

Rustic Porch Pillow

At the new house we have a small front porch. I wanted a cute pillow to set on the bench I'm going to put out there. I had seen this phrase, "Welcome to our neck of the woods" on a pillow on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect for a our new little place!

My friend Jordan told me how to do this first step and it worked great. Create your phrase in a word processor on the computer. Print it out and  since burlap is see through, just lay it under the fabric and trace the letters with paint. I pinned the fabric to the paper to make sure it was secure while painting.


After you've got your painting done, let it dry (use a hair dryer if you're really excited about this project and impatient like me) and then finish sewing and stuffing your pillow.

I had gotten several bags of this twinkle fluff after Christmas for under $1.00 a bag! Much cheaper than poly-fil and works great for stuffing pillows.


It's definitely not perfect, but I love how it turned out! And since I already had all the materials at home, it cost me nothing to make!



I can't wait until we are able to start moving our stuff over in a few weeks so I can set this little guy out!

No comments:

Post a Comment