Here is a little 4th of July inspiration for ya! I found this centerpiece idea on Pinterest to wrap a mason jar with a piece of burlap, tie with some red and white ribbon and fill with red geraniums.
We are having my family over for dinner and then going to watch fireworks! Since my sister has Celiac, I always like to find desserts that she can eat too. These are made with Kellog's Gluten Free Rice Krispies. Marshmallows and M&Ms are already gluten free so this was simple and fun to make!
For lunch we will be with Derrick's family so I made a blackberry cobbler made from blackberries we canned last Summer!
Check out the recipe below and hope you all have a fun and safe 4th!
- 3 cups blackberries
- 2/3 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
- 1 Tbs flour
- 2 Tbs butter
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- Premade crust
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Combine in saucepan and heat to a boil: blackberries, sugar, and flour
3. Place hot fruit in bottom of 8 inch baking dish
4. Dot fruit with butter
5. Place crust on top and sprinkle with cinnamon
6. Bake cobbler about half an hour