Monday, July 1, 2013

DELIGHT

 DELIGHT - To take great pleasure in.


One of my favorite verses and probably one of the first that I memorized is:

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." (Pslam 37:4)


For the longest time, I thought that this verse was saying, if I delight in the Lord, then he will give me EARTHLY desires of my heart. (great family, good job, health, etc)

I finally came to realize, that this was not at all what the author of this verse was saying.  If we truly delight ourselves in the Lord, trust Him that His ways are good, then the greatest desire of our heart should be HIM. To really take great pleasure in knowing HIM and having a relationship with HIM.  

How do we do this? By spending time in the Word and in prayer and by worshiping Him who saved us eternally through Jesus Christ.

Not only should we delight in Him and want to know him more, but He wants the same. He wants to delight in US.

“The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” ( Zephaniah 3:17)

Wow.  How awesome is it that we have a God who loves us and takes delight in us. He quiets us with His love when we are anxious and worried and He rejoices over us with singing, because He delights in us. 

I'm thankful that I have a God that loves me even when I fail, even when I don't deserve his forgiveness.  That I have a God who wants to delight in me and have a relationship with me.

I pray that we will all desire Him more than anything else, that we would delight ourselves in Him...and He would give us the desires of our heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment