Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Clothed by Our LORD

Proverbs 31:24-25-- She makes belted linen garments and sashes to sell to the merchants. Strength and dignity are her clothing, she shall rejoice in time to come. 

What woman doesn't like to buy new things? Clothes, shoes, purses, etc. This verse shows us that even women in those times weren't much different from us.

Isaiah 61:10
I am overwhelmed with joy in the LORD my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit or a bride with her jewels.

Isaiah said this perfectly. When Christ died for you he took off everything you covered yourself in (sin, guilt, shame, etc) and replaced it with the most beautiful garment of salvation! The Proverbs 31 woman understands that it's not just about outer beauty, but inner beauty as well. She understands that God gives her strength (both mentally and physically) and that she has dignity because she has been made righteous. She must make the most of her beauty!

Now onto something else I found to cloth myself in..

While at target today I went through some of their sale racks. I found this adorable skirt on clearance for $9.00!! (originally $18.00)


I loved the pink and turquoise combination and the price! So I bought it :)

When I got home I immediately started to put an outfit together..I think I found one I like! Won't it be perfect for Easter?! 



Are you clothed in salvation and wearing the robe of righteousness? Or do you need to change your wardrobe?

1 comment:

  1. you've been tagged :) http://www.theogdenblog.com/2012/03/eleven-things.html

    ReplyDelete