Here are some tips to help you have a great yard sale too:
1. Have a multifamily sale! To have a great sale you need a lot of stuff. More stuff will bring more people.
2. Advertise on the web for FREE! Craigslist and Facebook are great! Newspaper Ads can get too pricey and you want to be able to keep all your profit!
3. Use bright colored card stock/poster board to make signs to hang up around your neighborhood and town. Be sure not to put too much information on the sign, just the necessities. (I usually just do time of sale and LARGE arrows)
4. Make sure you have enough change. I went to the bank and got $50.00 out. (20 ones, 2 fives, 1 ten, 1 roll of quarters). We never ran out of anything.
5. Price things reasonable! Just because something has sentimental value to you, doesn't mean it will to someone else. You want to get rid of your junk. Getting a quarter for something is better than donating it for free at the end of the day.
6. Place the larger items out front, so people see them first when driving by. Be sure to make everything looked organized. Group similar items on the same table, etc.
7. I like to lower the price on things that last 30 minutes or so of the sale. (make everything 1/2 price, etc.)
8. Have plenty of grocery bags! Many people bought several small items and appreciated that we had bags to put their items in.
9. After the sale, don't put the leftovers back in your house!! Donate them to a local pantry or other organization.
10. Have fun and be FRIENDLY!! :)