Proverbs 31:15-She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family.
Here is a delicious recipe for homemade chewy granola bars! We put chocolate chips in this time, but you could add anything you want! (raisins, nuts, cereal, dried fruit, etc.)
- 4 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup honey
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, baking soda, vanilla, butter or margarine, honey and brown sugar. Stir in the 1 cups assorted chocolate chips, raisins, nuts etc.
- Lightly press mixture into the prepared pan using wax paper. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes then cut into bars. Let bars cool completely in pan before removing or serving.