While my parents went on vacation, they left me 1 quart of strawberries they were afraid would go bad while they were gone. Knowing I couldn't eat that many strawberries, I decided to look up a recipe on how to freeze them.
This site has several different ways of freezing strawberries! I decided to go with the sugar pack method. Here is a more detailed recipe I came up with:
2. Remove the stem and any bruised areas.
3. Slice them in half lengthwise.
4. Place in a bowl and add 1/2 cup of sugar.
6. Let sit 15 minutes. The sugar will dissolve and soak up the strawberry juice making a syrup.
10. Serve over pancakes, ice cream, etc.
**To thaw, simply place in refrigerator or on counter.
PDF Version of Recipe: Frozen Strawberry Sugar Pack