Friday, April 19, 2013

Bittersweet...

I had always planned on working full time until we started a family, but when I was offered a part time job a year ago I decided to take it. It has been so great getting to teach part time and also have time and energy to be the wife I feel God calls me to be. (Proverbs 31: 10-31)  It also gave me an opportunity to start Thrifty 31, a business I have on facebook where I sell antiques, vintage items and furniture I have fixed up.

As many of you already know, ever since I started working as a toddler teacher I have consistently been sick. It started as a cold and then turned into chronic bronchitis and now pneumonia.  No matter what I do, I just can't seem to get better. After talking with my doctor we both feel as though having an auto immune disorder already makes me more susceptible to illness and being around toddlers who constantly sneeze and cough on me all the time isn't really helping my situation. :) After talking with my husband and praying about it a lot, we have decided I am going to resign from my current teaching position at the end of May. It was a tough decision but hoping it will be worth it if I finally start feeling better!

I'm thankful everyday for the opportunities this job has given me. I'm thankful for the people I met and worked with, the kid's I got to know and love on each day and the families I got to serve. And who knows, I may even go back and sub every once in awhile! 

A few months ago I kept feeling a need to somehow expand my Thrifty 31 business. I wasn't sure why or how I was going to do it, but just felt like it was something I was suppose to do. I finally decided to launch Thrifty 31 Rentals in March. A vintage rentals company for weddings, photo shoots and special events!

I now know that it wasn't just a "feeling" I had to expand my business, but God making a new way for me to help provide for my family.  It's bittersweet knowing I will be leaving a job and people I have grown to love but exciting to start this new adventure! And hopefully once I start feeling better...we can start planning our family as well! 

I ask that the next few months that you continue praying for me to completely heal and recover and that we would trust God to provide during this time of transition. Thanks! :)

Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart. - Psalm 37:4 

No comments:

Post a Comment