Sunday, August 4, 2013

Freezing Peppers

Usually when we have fresh veggies from the garden, I try to plan meals that day or week that will use them up. This time however, I decided I would freeze them and save for this winter instead of having to buy some at the grocery store. 
Freezing peppers is super easy, by the way!


You could freeze them whole, but I like to go ahead and prepare them the way we would eat them to save time later on. And, it's probably more likely I will actually use them if they are already prepared the way I want.


1. Wash them. 
2. Cut off the stems and remove the center and seeds. (Make sure to save your scrap pieces!)
3. You can either cut them in strips or dice them up. I chose to do both since I had quite a few.  
4. Label your freezer bags and toss them in the freezer to enjoy another day!



No comments:

Post a Comment