Thursday, August 15, 2013

Homemade Cookie Cake

Saturday is my hubby's 26th birthday! I'm so thankful that God has blessed him with another year and look forward to helping him celebrate many more!! For anyone that knows my husband, you know he doesn't like cake. Crazy, I know! Fortunately, I found a delicious homemade cookie cake recipe (can't remember where) that he loved!



Tonight we celebrated his birthday with my family and tomorrow we are off to the river to celebrate with friends! Please pray for a safe trip and warm river water, ha! Also, be sure to try out this recipe and have a lovely weekend!


Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup semi sweet choc. chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & grease pan.
2. Cream together butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
3. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. 
4. Spread dough into prepared pan using a spatula. 
5. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. 
6. Let cool before decorating.




No comments:

Post a Comment