Thursday, August 8, 2013

Master Bedroom Facelift

I love redecorating! My poor husband probably has no idea what he is going to come home to on a daily basis! Usually when I redecorate, it's just rearranging some old stuff to make it look new, or "shopping" other room in my house. This time I did buy a couple new things, but selling old ones online to make my money back!

Here is a picture of before: 

I had already switched out this comforter for a new quilt that I bought with some yard sale $$ I made this Summer! I bought this antique mirror and thought it would be perfect above the bed. Makes the room look larger, don't ya think?! I also hung up some mason jars using curtain hooks above the bed too.




I switched out the lamp shades for some burlap looking ones I found at Dollar General. I like it much better than the dark brown ones I had there before!


The wooden window got moved to another wall & I used an old cheese box I had to hold a candle. 


I used a board off a pallet to make this beach sign and added some pictures from our honeymoon to the Bahamas! (So ready to go back, by the way!)


Last, I found an old piece of chippy white board in the garage and set it on the dresser with some sea shell stuff.


Ah, I just love that mirror and how it all turned out! 




2 comments:

  1. The room looks both bigger and brighter! Love the mirror! Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The makeover looks great! I like your idea about rearranging--that does make a difference without spending any money!
    Thanks so much for linking up to Frugal Crafty Home! I hope we see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete