Monday, September 22, 2014

Kitchen Reveal!

This is probably one of the biggest transformations! Originally the kitchen was in the very back of the house and had these steel blue cabinets straight from the 60s.




 I wanted to have a more open floor plan so we moved the kitchen into half of the dining room so it would be open to the living room as well. Here is what it looked like before....



And now!


We ended up covering up the two smaller windows in the room to allow for more cabinet space, but I still love the large window we kept over the sink that looks out into the backyard.



I found an over the cabinet towel bar that works great for those faux drawers by the kitchen sink. I can't remember where I got this one, but have seen them at T.J. Maxx since.



I love aquas and greens so am always looking for vintage pieces with these colors. I found this old toolbox tray that I use for holding dry baking ingredients such as sugars, baking powder, etc at a local antique store. The ice cream maker was a find at the Covered Bridge Festival we went to last year in Indiana. (It's coming up again in October if you want to check it out!)




The wood crate was a Ross find, but still has the same vintage look and colors to it. Holds dry goods such as beans, pasta and corn kernels next to the stove.




I collect vintage white pitchers and aqua mason jars. I love having a place to display them above our cabinets.



We found these bar stools on facebook and just recovered them. Love having a snack bar and so much more counter space now!

Our DIY mason jar pendent lights! We found the white pendent lights at Home Depot and here is the tutorial we used to make them.


Here are the dining room and kitchen together.





No comments:

Post a Comment