After returning home from our trip to the Covered Bridge Festival earlier this week, I was craving some kettle corn! I had gotten a free sample at one of the vendor booths and it was delicious, but as you know buying food at a carnival or festival can been a bit pricey.
So, when we got home I looked online for a homemade recipe. It was super easy and I already had all of the ingredients at home! Much cheaper than the $6.00 a bag at the festival.
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
2. Toss in three kernels and place lid on pot.
3. Once those three pop, quickly stir in sugar and remaning kernels.
4. Place lid back on and listen for kerenels to start popping.
5. Then, remove pot from stove and shake to keep kernels from burning.
6. Place pot back on stove for a few seconds and then remove and shake again.
7. Continue this step until all kernels have finished popping.
8. Salt to taste and enjoy!
I loved making it in this glass pot because we could see the corn kernels popping around. Would be so fun to do with your littles!