Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Rustic Inspired Kitchen

It's hard for me to keep things the same around this house for long. Usually I "shop" other rooms in the house and just rearrange what I already have, but sometimes I like add a few new things as well!


Since we bought the house we've had some bright aqua curtains, but I was ready for something more neutral and decided to go with white ones I found at Wal-Mart.

These wood crates make the perfect shelves and for a $1.00 each at a yard sale, I grabbed up several!

I made a beverage bar with different types of coffee and tea for my hubby and my basket of hot chocolate and jar of marshmallows are on top.

Next to our microwave sits a stool with this vintage kitchen scale and jar of popcorn kernels. (Homemade Kettle Corn Recipe)

I found this vintage wooden ice cream maker while at the Covered Bridge Festival. The color in this photo isn't great, but it's a beautiful blue green color. 

I have another crate that I put on the counter to make more space. Mason jars hold my pasta, beans and lintels. The old apple wine jug now holds my cooking oil.

This old tool box was an antique store find. It holds some of my baking items such as sugar, baking powder and chocolate chips. I like having my measuring cups and spoons hanging right above it, very convenient.


Finally, my DIY fall centerpiece. Simply wrapped some burlap and lace around a mason jar. Found the flowers at Hobby Lobby.


No comments:

Post a Comment