I found this idea last year on Pinterest and made them with the toddlers I worked with. This year I made them gluten free for my sister so we can snack on them all weekend while she is home!
Gluten free Rice Krispies (or regular)
1 10oz pkg marshmallows
3 Tbs butter
Red & Yellow food coloring (to make orange)
1. Place butter and marshmallows in microwavable bowl. Heat for about 45 seconds and then stir. Continue doing this until all the marshmallows have melted.
2. Put 10 drops of red and yellow food coloring in the marshmallow/butter mixture and stir. Continue to add food coloring until you like the color of orange.
3. Put rice krispies in large bowl. Pour marshmallow mixture on top and stir until all is coated well.
4. Let sit a couple of minutes. Then rub butter on your hands to keep from sticking. Roll your rice kripies into balls and set on wax paper.
5. Place a tootsie roll in the middle of your ball to represent a stem. You may have to reshape your ball a couple of times until they are done setting.
BONUS: I did this little project with a class when I was in school doing one of my practicums. Simply have the kids paint some dog treats white and glue them to a sheet of black construction paper. Then attach a skeleton head (or have them draw one) to the top of the paper. Simple and fun, plus your dog will appreciate the leftovers! :)