Mmmm...the whole time this pumpkin bread was baking in the oven I couldn't wait to try it. It smelled SO delicious and ended up tasting just as good!
Homemade Pumpkin Bread (Makes two loaves)
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil (or 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (I used a can)
- 2/3 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two bread pans.
2. Mix eggs, sugar and oil together. Mix in dry ingredients. Mix in pumpkin and water.
3. Pour batter evenly into prepared bread pans.
4. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and pull it out clean.
5. Let cool and enjoy!
TIP: Simply freeze by wrapping loaf in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.