Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I have a JOB!!

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


Since graduating in December with my Bachelors in Early Childhood Education I have been substitute teaching. In March I started a maternity leave at the Southern Region Infant and Toddler Program. The coordinator there informed me of a 60% opening they were going to have. After praying about it and talking it over with Derrick I decided to apply!


I found out this afternoon that I got the job!  It will be in the in the mornings and I will be done each day by 1:00! :)

Subbing was great because I worked some days, and had other days off which gave me time to get things done around the house and have time to spend with Derrick in the evening and on the weekends. When I started the maternity leave, it was nice to have a larger income, but I just wasn't happy being at work 8-4 or 9-5 everyday. It also took a toll on our relationship because I wasn't happy that the house was always a mess and it resulted in us spending a lot more of "our time" doing things around the house instead of spending quality time together.

We had been praying for awhile that I would either find a job that would allow me to be at home some, or that God would somehow help me have peace with the fact that I needed to work full time.


Psalm 37:4- "Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart." 


Sometimes it's hard to put your faith in God and trust that he knows what's best for you. I'm so glad that I did trust Him and that He gave me the desires of my heart..to be a teacher and a homemaker.


Are you asking God to reveal the plans HE has for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment