Lately we have been getting a lot of fresh fruit from our family! My parents have given us strawberries and peaches. See here how to freeze Strawberries and Peaches.
The other day Derrick's grandma gave us a box of blackberries she had picked from her neighbors yard. Derrick and I decided we would try making and canning blackberry jam!
1. Wash 2 cups blackberries & remove any stems. Crush the blackberries using a potato masher.
2. Boil jars and lids.
3. Boil 2 cups of sugar & 2 cups of crushed blackberries. Boil until it starts to thicken & use a meat thermometer to make sure it's at 220 degrees.
4. When it's reached the correct temperature, scrap of any foam and remove pan from heat.
5. Using a funnel, fill the canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch space at the top.
6. Wipe off any excess jam from around the top of the jar.
7. Place the lid & ring on the jar.
8. Boil jars for 5 minutes.
9. Let cool.
10. Serve on toast or anything else you like.